Like an aggressive contagion seeking the next victim, negativity can plague an entire team’s morale. Negativity is contagious!
Optimism is a choice
Expect nothing, but be grateful for everything.
In programming there isn’t a “right way” but there is always a “wrong way”. There is however a “better way”, until you run out of time.
Developers are actually negotiators! We negotiate more than we develop. We negotiate with the keyboard all day long, we negotiate with ourselves determining if we’ve taken the right course of action. We negotiate with our peers, arguing our point of views. We negotiate with the stakeholders of the application and the end-users too.
- It’s not what you are, it’s what you do
- It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it
- It’s not how you do it, it’s why you do it
- It’s not where you came from, it’s where you are now
- It’s not where you are now, it’s where you’re going
- It’s not where you’re going, it’s how you’ll get there